How To Change Kafeel In Saudi Arabia

How To Change Kafeel In Saudi Arabia.Iqama transfer without consent of Sponsor was a dream for millions of expatriates living in Saudi Arabia. Different newspapers have reported that now Ministry of Labor has started transferring sponsorship without consent or permission of sponsor under few conditions.

How To Change Kafeel In Saudi Arabia

According to the rule, only those employees are able to get this transfer whose contract with the current sponsor has completed and there is no clause in the contract barring them to work in Saudi Arabia for X number of years.

With this rule expatriates will be able to go for better opportunities and employers will take care of their employees in a better way due to competition in the market.

Iqama transfer can be made without consent and approval of the current sponsor in following 6 conditions:

  1. If yourKafeel is in Red or YellowNitaqat Category, you dont even need to go to labor court. Iqama can be transferred without any problem. Just find a new kafeel with green Nitaqat category and your new employer will change your kafeel.
  2. If Sponsor does not provide Iqama to the employee even after completing three months of arrival in Saudi Arabia and his visa has expired, he can take transfer of sponsorship without consent of Kafeel. However, in this case he will have to contact to the labor office. (Saudi Gazette)
  3. If sponsor / Kafeel of a newcomer to Saudi Arabia is in red or yellow Nitaqat Category, sponsorship can be transferred without permission of Kafeel. However, you may have to contact labor office in this regard. (Arab News)
  4. If your Iqama is expired at least one month ago and your Kafeel has not renewed it. You can go to Labor office and get it transferred to new employer even without consent of Kafeel. (Arab News)
  5. Employees of companies that fail to implement the Labor Ministrys wage protection law would be allowed to transfer their services to other firms, without the previous employers permission. (Arab News).
  6. If you have not been paid salaries from over 3 months, you can transfer your sponsorship to new employer without approval of your current sponsor. (Arab News).