Punjab Government To Offer Fully Funded Scholarships To Pakistani Students.The Government of Punjab is taking an exceptional step to help Pakistani aspirants in chasing their dreams of studying at well-known universities. Underneath the banner of the Punjab Educational Endowment Fund (PEEF), merit based scholarships will be granted to the PhD aspirants who get accepted at international universities. Government of Punjab will bear all the expenditures of the university you get accepted at.
However, the university must be in top 50 QS subject-wise ranking.
Eligibility Criteria for these Scholarships:
Punjab government is following a strict criteria in granting these merit based scholarships.
The candidates who meet the following eligibility criteria will be able to apply for these scholarships.
- The aspirants should have had more than 60% marks throughout their academic career.
- Declared monthly family income should be equal to or less than Rs. 200,000.
- The aspirants should not be more than 35 years of age.
- The aspirants should not have availed any international scholarship in their past.
- The PhD admission offer should be valid and the university in which the candidate is getting the admission must be among the top 50 QS subject-wise ranking.
Existing faculty members of all private as well as government sector teaching / educational institutions are not eligible to apply for these scholarships.
What does this scholarship will cover?
The scholarship amount will cover the following zones.
Lodging and Accommodations
For this merit based scholarship, preference will be given to the candidates having Punjab domicile. Though, a special quota has been reserve for the other provinces involving FATA, Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Jammu Kashmir as well. 80 percent of these grants are reserved for the Science disciplines while 20 percent grants are reserved for Social Sciences Humanities & Arts.
It would be necessary for all the selected candidates to accept the scholarship that in which the government is offering it. No postponements will be accepted.
Candidates can submit their application forms till July 15th, 2016.